Join our team as a Customer Service Superstar!!
If we don't have a position currently open, we keep applications on file. When we have an
opening, the first people we call for interviews come from that file!
Who we are:
• Playful Potter is a local family owned business that provides the community with an art escape.
We help our customers to create more than art—they create memories with us.
• Playful Potter provides customers a fun, relaxing and clean environment in which they
can paint pottery, canvas and create glass works of art. We also offer wet clay handprint impressions,
birthday parties, dinner events, custom painting and much more.
• We are a tight group that must work as a team to assist customers. We strive to
create a fun environment where families can play together.
• We will train you to assist customers, work with paints and glass, teach techniques, run efficient
and fun birthday parties, glaze pottery and load both glass and pottery kilns.
• Playful Potter is a casual, family-friendly contemporary art studio. We work hard but have fun doing it.
Playful Potter is an equal opportunity employer.
Studio Assistant Position
• This position entails greeting customers and teaching them about our wide variety of products and options. Employees are here to inspire, guide, teach and clean up after our customers.
• Position entails lots of cleaning including mopping, taking out the trash, cleaning bathrooms, tables, chairs, counters, windows and more. Maintaining a clean and inviting studio for our customers is a major priority of this job. Employees are also responsible for organizing and maintaining our masterpiece tracking system, inventory tracking, unpacking shipments and updating inventory tracking system and merchandising. Employees must be tedious and detail oriented to carefully complete the glazing, firing and finishing of customers’ pieces. Employees will open and close the studio, ring up receipts, run credit cards, answer phones, track customer creations, assist with kids’ art camps, canvas painting classes, birthday parties and drop-in painters.
• Employees work both together in teams, but mostly independently. Employees will take direction from the owner, manager or supervisor and will complete all tasks and other duties as assigned, in an orderly and timely fashion.
Requirements or Qualifications
• Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and must be comfortable working alone, opening and closing the studio.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with customers, management and other employees in a friendly and upbeat manner. Candidates must have good writing and spelling skills.
• Candidates must be able to follow written instructions and complete tasks with little supervision.
• Must be bubbly, fun, friendly, patient, thorough, punctual and love working with kids. Candidates must love to clean and organize.
• Must be comfortable talking to strangers and large groups of adults and/or children.
• Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 50lbs. This is not a desk job, employees must be capable of standing/walking for a 5 hour shift without difficulty. Employees will operate kilns and have ability to lean into deep kilns to load heavy pottery and shelves.
• This position does not involve any pottery painting, custom work or other employee-created art work. There will be no time for homework, painting, reading or any tasks that are not related directly to the work at Playful Potter during working hours and scheduled shifts.
• Candidates must be excellent time-managers and multi-taskers. Employees are required to assist multiple customers while cleaning, answering phones and organizing fragile finished works of art.
• Must work well under pressure and in high stress situations. Employees are required to assist with customer issues and problems with a cool, calm and collected manner. Great problem-solving skills are necessary.
• Applicants must present a drug and alcohol-free, family-friendly appearance, attitude and reputation at all times.
• Must be able to learn thoroughly all products and options available at Playful Potter and be able to assist customer with questions, purchases, reservations and other requests.
• Employees must have a flexible schedule and be willing and available to work holidays, evenings and weekends.
• Employees must have reliable transportation to and from work.
• Employees will at all times follow the rules, policies, contracts, manuals, owner and manager instructions, written, text and verbal instructions and will promptly request, or give clarifications should questions arise.
How To Apply
Only complete applications will be considered for interviews, so please make sure to complete ALL items and pages.
Please send/drop-off completed applications to: Playful Potter 1351 E. Prater Way #109 Sparks, NV 89434.
Interviewing candidates must be prepared with all pre-interview requests completed.
Click on the paint splat at the top of the page for an application form!